Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday morning practice

It was good. I omitted most of the vinyasas. Too lazy. But it was a very concentrated practice. I concentrated on my breathe. Once I closed my eyes and the sound of the breathe became even more intensive. I was very attentive because I had to take care of my neck. Not all drishtis are doable. I still cannot turn my head fully to the sides. I held the asanas rather long and it was very intensive. I omitted only Setu Bandhasana and Sirsasana as asanas. I felt great. I am happy that I didn't put the pressure on me that my practice has to be almost perfect. To enjoy the asanas is more important. And that's what I did today.

I found a solution for my breathe. Instead of counting on exhaling, I can count between the inhale and exhale: ie. inhale - exhale 1, inhale - exhale 2, and so on. So I avoid to emphasize exhaling or inhaling and I have an idea how long I'm holding the pose. No yoga without breathe.It is worth to have a closer look at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no food = no energy for vinyasa