Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sunday morning practice

It was my first night without a painkiller. I went rather late to bed. It was already 1:00 a.m. At first I tossed and turned around. I wished that my tiredness would help me to fall asleep. After a while I think I must have fallen asleep. At 8:30 I woke up. Pain was again there. But it is all better.

I had my black cup of coffe and wrote my morning pages.

Then I rolled out my pink mat and I sat down at first. I just wanted to breathe. Then I started with Surya Namaskara A and B. I did all very slowly. I still cannot turn my neck, but this is fine. I omitted the vinyasas. I think I could have done them, but I'm afraid because it is such a dynamic movement, and I think I cannot control it as I can when my neck is OK.

I was happy and I even plan to go to a led class on Monday. S. will be the teacher and she knows about my neck problems.

B., my teacher draw my attention to it and it is so essential: My exhaling is so much longer than my inhaling. I think I already mentioned this once. It became so obvious during my practice today. I think the reason is because I count the breathes from one through five during exhaling. So there is a focus on exhaling. Inhaling is neglected. Next times I only want to focus on breathing equally long during exhaling and inhaling. I won't care how long I will hold the posture. Either I will count from 1 through 3 while exhaling and inhaling or I will say the word "einatmen", "ausatmen", mentally. The German word suits better as it is longer and it fits better to my breathing rhytm.

My neck still hurts, but I am so much more optimistic now.

No comments: