Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pain, pain, pain

I was hanging around yesterday. Pain was again unbearable. I took one painkiller during the day another one before bedtime. I think that's why it was possible to go out and buy some food during the day. I had a nice salad and strawberries with cresoy as a dessert.

In the late afternoon, I think I was no more on drugs, I tried to get into child's pose. It took me about five minutes till my head touched the floor. My hands held the head so that the muscles had nothing to do. Then I relaxed. This was possible. But to get out of this posture was painful again. I tried Utanasana and Adho Mukha Svanasana. I was able to indicate these postures. Then I sat down in Padmasana and breathed in and out moving my head a little bit upwards and downwards. I felt as if I were a heroe.

At 10:30 pm I went to bed.
At 11:30 my phone wrang. It was my boyfriend, who is in London at the moment. He wanted me to wake him up tomorrow morning. I promised to do it and I did it. Due to Ashtanga Yoga I used to get up earlier to have time for practice and it became easier for me to get up, if necessary.

At 2:00 am I woke up again. I thought the night was already over. But it wasn't. I tried out some sleeping positions. It is difficult to lay all the time on the back. But to move is a nightmare.
I woke up at 3:30 am, I woke up at 6:00 am.
At 8:00 am I called my boyfriend. Due to the sudden movement from a laying position to a sitting position pain started again to be unbearable. I cried aua aua in the phone.

My boyfriend advised me to see a doctor. Regarding doctors our opinions are totally different. I think he likes to go to doctors (irony), as he consults them often.

My opinion is that 80 % of all deseases disappear from alone and 50 % of all diagnosis are wrong diagnosis. I've read this statistics somewhere. The prospect of a conversation with someone (doctor and people in the waiting room), who are willing to listen to my awful situation made me change my mind. I dressed in order to go to the doctor. Pain dissappeared slightly. Just before leaving home I called the doctor to make sure he has open today. Tuesday closed. Now I will wait till tomorrow. Till now I haven't taken a pill. I want to feel what is going on in my body in case I can bear it.

I plan child's pose again, perhaps Utanasana and some breathing. More is not possible. Now I guess it will take perpaps still 14 days till I will be recovered. But I see already a slight improvement. That's something.

2 comments:

Sergio said...

Hope you get well soon, Ursula.

On the subject of doctors, I must admit that even though I'm studying to become a doctor, I don't like seeing them myself. I've read that it's a common thing among doctors, not wanting other doctors to treat them.

Ursula said...

The thing with the doctors is funny.

My post is also a little bit ironically. There are many doctors who have helped me already. But I have the tendency to see first what can I do by myself.