Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The first day without a painkiller

It was my first day where I didn't take a painkiller and it is almost 7 p.m. now here in Germany.

I could only do basic tasks: to have a shower, washing my hair, to comb my long blond hair was a challenge. I bought food, made my bed, did the dishes. And during the afternoon I took a nap in order to make the time go by. That was it.

But no painkiller today. This means that I could stand the pain today. I've still pain all the time. I think I was seriously injured. I still can't turn my head. To think of practicing yoga makes me laugh. It takes another few days till I will be recovered.

How I wish I could practice.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ack! Ursula, that's horrible! I've done that Bikram exercise before and didn't like it. Do you know exactly what it is about it that hurt your neck? I completely identify with not being able to practice because of an injury. I hurt my back so badly last year I was out for months. Wishing you a quick recovery...
Sara

Ursula said...

Thanky you, Sara. I think it was muscle stiffness and overstretching of the ligaments. This morning I had the feeling that I made a larger step in the direction of recovery. But I still have to be patient.