Sunday, May 28, 2006

Berlin

It was great. I managed to go to the first yoga studio in Berlin. I've learned so much. We were about 12 people, very advanced ones and beginners together. Mysore Style was offered. The teacher was young, very nice and good-looking. The yoga fashion is a little bit different than in Munich. 45% of the people were dressed in black. Many had tatoos. I was dressed in red with no tatoo. The room was large and I had room enough to spread my arms to the sides. I could look into a backyard. I got really many adjustments. I have got so many new insights. I sweated.

- navasana is not correct, I do it the easy way, but the legs should be more up and then the belly has definitely more to do.
- dhanurasana: the elbows should be closer together
- I should stretch from the core of the body and not only lengthen my arms and my shoulders.

and so much more.

And then suddenly, the class was not yet over Salsa music came out of my handbag. It was my mobile phone. It was so embarrassing. And I had to answer it, because I couldn't reach my friends later. I think I blushed.

After class we had dinner with my friends. It was a nice evening.

What else:
we were at my favourite market, met people, were at the new main station, had coffe and cakes, chatted.

At night we drove home. It was raining cats and dogs. I was very concentrated. I had to drive because my boyfriend has had 2 glasses of beer. At 2:00 a.m. after 3,5 hours we arrived at Hannover. I was tired and I was happy that I could finally sleep.

Very motivated I practiced this morning. It was horrible. I was stiff, I couldn't move. After a good practice follows often a not so good practice. It is as if my body is like a rubber. At first you stretch it and then it tightens.

Let's see what's going on with my body tomorrow.

3 comments:

liz said...

That sounds really cool, I love going to different shalas and feeling the diversity of the group. I would love to get back to Europe and study with some of the great teachers there!

Hmmm, yoga fashion of So Cal? Multi colored outfits, some tattooed, most not, just lots of sweat and sun

liz said...

That sounds really cool, I love going to different shalas and feeling the diversity of the group. I would love to get back to Europe and study with some of the great teachers there!

Hmmm, yoga fashion of So Cal? Multi colored outfits, some tattooed, most not, just lots of sweat and sun

Ursula said...

Hi Liz,

where have you been here in Europe?
The shala in Berlin was really cool. I'd like to go there more often. Unfortunately I live in Munich now.